Microsoft Teams will serve as your virtual classroom which can be viewed on any cellular phone, laptop, tablet or PC.
Through this platform there will be class meetings and live interactions available plus, saved classes and videos. Students will be able to view important resources, announcements, and complete assignments posted by teacher(s). Many of the online elements will be tools that you are already using.
HOW TO BEGIN
You will receive an emailed invitation from Microsoft Teams. Click it and follow the instructions - example of invitation below:
- Your teacher(s) has the ability to see when you are online/logged in.
- Attendance will be taken based on participation however students must check-in daily. How to Check-in
- GRADES will continue to be posted on Powerschool
VIRTUAL LEARNING SCHEDULE FOR MIAMI-DADE & BROWARD SCHOOLS:
Teachers will be available on their Microsoft Team Classroom during the following times:
Teachers will share their individual detailed lessons during these times. It is best to be online during these times but if you cannot attend a "live" session, it will be available when you log into your Microsoft Team Account.
- Contact your individual teachers directly by email or through Powerschool.
The following online etiquette guidelines apply to all live sessions:
- Provide an environment that will cause as little distraction as possible. (Avoid background noise and conversation).
- Students should wear school appropriate attire.
- Digital Citizenship is expected. Appropriate, respectful communication and participation is expected. All sessions will be recorded and archived.
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to be a part of their child’s virtual learning experience.
- Please assist younger students when possible.
- Students may send questions through Teams and teachers will check email frequently.
- Attendance will be taken.
- Grades for assignments will continue to be posted on PowerSchool.
FREE XFINITY WiFi
Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non‐Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.