What can the arts do?
- Increases Communication skills and provides focus and discipline.
- Provides a sense of belonging and community while providing a creative outlet.
- Helps hone problem- solving, reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Provides an alternative avenue to college and career readiness.
Students can choose from the following majors:
Visual Arts, Digital Arts, Instrumental Music, Vocal Music, Dance, or Theatre Arts.
- In addition to their regular academic day, Middle school students will complete a minimum of three
- credits from any arts area to determine their interest for their high school track.
- High school students can qualify for the Palm Glades Diploma Arts Designation by completing a minimum of six credits in their chosen arts major, and they must complete a senior portfolio, recital or project.
- High school students can qualify for the ADVANCED Palm Glades Diploma Arts Designation by completing a minimum of eight credits in their chosen arts major, and they must complete a senior portfolio, recital or project.
Why is this Program Different?
Focus on production and performance.
Focus on practical and real-world experience that can transfer immediately into the world of the arts.
Focus on the exploration of social activism and change through the arts.
Focus on the exploration of the ethnicities and cultures that have helped to cultivate the arts as we know them today.
Students will also have unique opportunities:
- · Quarterly master classes and speaker series with artists currently employed in their artistic area.
- · Annual overnight performance, workshop, and/or competitive opportunity.
- · Multiple opportunities to bring the arts into the local community.
In addition Palm Glades Academy is also still offering an opportunity for students to enroll in their AWARD-WINNING Culinary Academy for aspiring chefs and hospitality workers!